The Return and Earn Reverse Vending Machine has been in operation for a few months now, here is a refresher on the machines.
Location: Challenge Recycling – Arnold Street Narrabri
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and weekends 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Which containers can be returned for a refund?
Most 150ml to three litre drink containers will be eligible for a 10 cent refund at an approved NSW collection point. Container materials that may be eligible for a refund include:
• Liquid paperboard (cartons)
Containers should be empty, uncrushed, unbroken and have the original label attached. Wine, spirits, cordial and plain milk containers are generally not eligible.
If a container isn't eligible for a refund, please use a recycling bin.
Which containers aren't eligible for a refund?
Containers that can’t be deposited for a refund include:
• Plain milk (or milk substitute) containers
• Flavoured milk containers of one litre or more
• Pure fruit or vegetable juice containers of one litre or more
• Glass containers for wine and spirits
• Casks (plastic bladders in boxes) for wine or water of one litre or more
• Sachets for wine of 250ml or more
• Containers for cordials and concentrated fruit/vegetable juices
• Registered health tonics