Tenders, Quotations and Expressions of Interest
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - NARRABRI SHIRE ACCESS AND INCLUSION COMMITTEE
Expressions of Interest are being sought from interested parties for four (4) vacant positions on the Narrabri Shire Access & Inclusion Committee.
Two (2) positions are dedicated to individuals that identify as having a disability, have an understanding of disability related issues, or who care for someone with a disability.
Two (2) positions are dedicated to individuals representing organisations that provide disability support and service delivery.
The responsibility of the Access & Inclusion Committee is to:
- Monitor the implementation of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017 – 2021.
- Provide advice and recommendations on Council policies, procedures and processes that impact on access and inclusion matters.
- Provide advice and recommendations on major projects, community events, and significant development applications undertaken by Council to ensure access and inclusion issues are identified and resolved.
- Provide assistance in seeking funding for and carrying out actions and projects identified in the Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017 – 2021.
- To assist Council in identifying opportunities to educate our community and raise awareness on access and inclusion matters.
Copies of the Expression of Interest application form, Narrabri Shire Access & Inclusion Committee Terms of Reference, and Narrabri Shire Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) 2017-2021 are available during business hours at Council’s Administration Building (Maitland Street, Narrabri), Narrabri Library (Doyle Street, Narrabri), Wee Waa Library (Rose Street, Wee Waa), Boggabri Library (82 Wee Waa Street, Boggabri), and also on Council’s website (www.narrabri.nsw.gov.au).
Interested persons are requested to complete the Expression of Interest application form and forward to:
The General Manager
PO Box 261
Narrabri NSW 2390
or by email on email@example.com.
All applications should be received by Council no later than 5:00pm, Tuesday 6 November 2018.
Should you require further information in relation to this notice please contact Council’s Community Development Officer, Ms Roz Solomon, on (02) 6799 6866.