In most cases, concerns about pollution should be referred to the source or person causing the problem. The contact telephone numbers on this page should be used when an approach to the person causing the problem has not been or is unlikely to be successful.
The following noise complaints should be reported to Council.
- Small concerts and local events
- Construction sites
- Industry factories without a DECC license causing air, water or noise pollution.
- Motor vehicle noise from private roads, property and motor racing
- Neighbourhood noise from private dwellings from air conditioners, pool pumps and lawn mowers etc.
- Roadworks noise from minor roads and private roads.
The following water pollution complaints should be reported to Council.
- Pollution of Rivers and Creeks
- Pollution of drinking water
- Pollution in stormwater drains and channels
- Industry without an Environment Protection licence causing air, water or noise pollution.
Waste and litter pollution
The following waste and pollution complaints should be reported to Council.
- Illegal dumping of solids or wastes
- Dumped cars
- Roadside rubbish on local roads
- Illegal dumping in Council parks
- Illegal dumping on private property.
The following Air pollution complaints should be reported to Council.
- Industry without a DECC Environment Protection licence causing air, water or noise pollution
- Domestic wood and coal fires
- Backyard burning
All other complaints on a larger scale can be reported to the NSW Department of Environment and Heritage by calling 131 555 or the appropriate authorities. Please view the Department of Environment and Heritage website to view the contact list for complaints.